Our Lady of Guadalupe is a member of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe and is in union with the Roman Catholic Church. The area north of Albuquerque’s Old Town, including the communities of Los Griegos and Los Candelarias, existed as early as 1708 and was served by San Felipe de Neri. Both of these satellite communities were absorbed into Albuquerque in the 1950’s. Although the parish was established in 1950, the old chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe was built in about 1890. The present church was built in 1955. In honor of the fortieth anniversary of the establishment of the parish, a grotto honoring Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Juan Diego, was built by the parish in 1996.
Our pastor is Father Chris Hallada. We currently have over 600 families registered. Our Religious Education program has over 100 students currently registered. We offer many volunteer opportunities and extend a warm welcome to those seeking a place to worship and call home. For questions or to join one of our ministries, please call our parish office at 345-4596.